Purchase our calendar and have fun learning words! The calendar is available at two levels: A2 and B2. Each day has one ’word of the day’. Below you can find ideas how to use the calendar. It is available in PDF and JPG format, so that after purchasing it you can choose which is the best format for you.
Ideas for the calendar:
- at the beginning of the month students need to find out what city is in the picture and talk about what they know about it
- warm up exercise at the beginning of the lesson – what can you tell me about the word of the day?
- students need to give one positive, one negative, and one question using a particular verb tense
- write the word of the day on the board and each student needs to write another word connected to it: either creating collocations, compounds or associated words. For differentiation options,choose words connected to one of the letters of the original word
- speaking exercise: check the word of the day and each student gives another word beginning with the last letter of the previous word and so on. Differentited task at higher levels: students create phrases or give idioms containing the word of the day.
- weekend task: describe a film, a book or write a short story which includes all the words of the week
- write down the words of the previous month (or use all the previous month’s) put the words in a bag/box and students pull one one from them and describe it to the others. You can even play activity with them, so one needs to describe the word, the other act it out or draw it
- write the words of the previous week or weeks on the board, students need to memorize them, and then they need to close their eyes while the teacher wipes one word off and then they need to guess which word or words are missing. Differentiated task for higher levels: the teacher wipe off the word but writes a new one in its place, so they need to guess the missing words and recognize the new ones